The fast track to a clearer complexion; Avoid:
- Bad blend of products: sometimes people use products that react with one another, or cancel each other out, or that have a lot of the same ingredients therefore doubling up, and causing harm to the skin. Try not to use too many products, or at least don’t layer them on all at once. You can use them at different times in the day. Also, make sure that the products you choose are appropriate for your specific skin type. And don’t overdo it, too much of anything is not good!
- Using dirty makeup applicators: this one is obvious, the dirt will clog your pores and result in breakouts. You can use gentle shampoo once in 3 weeks to wash your make up brushes and leave them to dry over night. You can also use disposable applicators. Using your hands is not a good idea either, because every time you put your fingers in a product, you are contaminating it. It is best to tilt the bottle than to put your hands into it.
- Talking too much on the phone: the part where your phone touches your cheek gets grimy and dirty, and phones become hot with too much use. The mix will cause breakouts, so if you talk on the phone a lot, invest in a good headset.
- Pinching zits: tempting, but detrimental – it will lead to pushing the bacteria deeper into your skin, therefore prolonging the life of the pimple. It also leads to scars and infection.
- Neglecting to wash your face before you sleep: skin cells regenerate very fast in the night, and makeup and the dirt and grime that sticks and builds on your face would marinate in the heat build up when you sleep and the results of this blend are not pretty. Always wash your face with face wash.