• Vitamins and Minerals
It is important to eat food from every one of the groups every day.
• Vitamin A: Green vegetables such as broccoli, spinach. Carrots and dairy products are also rich in vitamin A, which basically hastens the process of regeneration of the skin.
• Vitamin C: Delays wrinkles. Enough said! Foods with vitamin C are grapefruit, oranges, Brussel sprouts and peas.
• Vitamin B (group): This is essential for growth of new cells, thereby making it absolutely crucial to normal skin function. B group vitamins can be found in whole grains.
• H2O:Drinking enough water is essential for the overall functioning of the body, and it is also vital to healthy skin. Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
• Antioxidants: increased antioxidants in your body will allow free radicals such as those caused by overexposure to the sun – something that is impossible to avoid in the Tanzanian summer –to be absorbed better, thereby leading to more youthful looking skin. Foods rich in antioxidants are cantaloupe, tomatoes, berries – blueberries, strawberries, blackberries (not the phone), plums and sweet potatoes.